Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Type Final

This is my favorite thing from the semester. For my Type One final, we had to create a poster which presented four hundred things that had an impact on our lives. These things had to create formula of hierarchy and activate the space within a 20' x 30' poster.

I chose to list the various different models of guitars made by Fender and Gibson, as music has always been of great importance in my life. My family is filled with musicians and I have a certain affinity for guitars. I have an Epiphone SG Special Edition at home, which I bought myself in 6th grade as a promotion to middle school (aka, moving into a new level of teen angst).

Anyway, I'm really proud of the solution, Helvetica Neue Light really lent itself to my endeavor as it allowed me to achieve various different levels of typographic grays and helped to activate the white space. I think that was the most enjoyable part of creating the poster, figuring out the amount of space between the typographic forms and the asymmetrical rhythmic pattern I had developed.

1 comment:

L.B. said...

oh man this turned out SO WELL. You should be proud aaaah!!