Monday, January 17, 2011

twenty_eleven_

In 2011 -

For everyday image collections of inspiring design, humorous animals and various cultural phenomena please see my tumblr.


I plan on continuing to use this existing blog as a place to discuss current projects, process, and interesting experiences.
Hopefully this will still exist as a place to talk about work/things that inspire me as well.

So for today -

Geneviève Gauckler. I LOVE HER WORK!
I'd seen some of it through Colette but never really but two and two together.


She makes a lot of highly detailed illustrations, but I think her simpler characters are most compelling.
Her little blob creatures are instantly uplifting. There is something about their personification of feeling that is just so perfect.
See her portfolio here and blog here.
Also the stuff she's made for Domestic is really, really excellent.




When I have my own studio, I want to hide these little wall guys in unexpected places

No comments: