Monday, December 28, 2009

hero worship

I'm at my parent's house. I don't have a car. It's pretty cold out. I have a cold.
Been watching a lot of movies - I was surprised to see Beautiful Losers was available on demand.
I rented it, and have watched it twice already.

I didn't realize that all my art heros, you know, worked together and have done so for a while.
It's really interesting to hear them talk about their work and reflect on their experiences. I think I just like them more now.

It's weird having grown up in the 90s, when this work was happening and having that relate to my thought process now as a young artist. It's like a strange limbo of relating and wonderment, if that makes any sense.

I guess all of that was really vague, but I'm having a hard time relating what I'm thinking to what I'm saying but it's exciting you know? I really didn't know that ESPO was Steve Powers. Mind Blowing, you know?

No comments: