Monday, April 13, 2009

Let's Get Radical.



What an awesome/gnarly/busy weekend!

- had my first real interview at a real company with real art directors in new york city and it was a real positive experience (!)

- explored Brooklyn on my own two feet

- finally got out the Fool's Gold office in Williamsburg to hang out with my brother and met Dust La Rock, he's super nice and super talented!

- Walked allllllll the way from Metropolitan and Lorimer to River Street to get to Mollusk Surf Shop, which was a really rad experience. I mean walking was walking, but it was great to get finally get out the shop. I've been reading the blog since I discovered it at the beginning of the semester, and all the dudes who were there were so friendly and knowledgeable. I hung out with them for a while, read the Leroy Grannis book, asked questions (in all my years of coastal living I'd never seen a swallowtail board , maybe I just wasn't paying attention, and was baffled when I saw them on the blog all the time, of course I inquired), and enjoyed an afternoon beer. Their hospitality was really refreshing, thanks guys! It was real surreal to walk out of the shop onto a deck and then back into the city, not onto a boardwalk.



- Attempted to find the Cinders Gallery, but failed, I'm probably just goofy and walked right in front of it

- saw some good friends

- hung out with my parents and genuinely enjoyed their company

- suffered from car failure on the highway and did not make it to family easter, but still managed to have a good time

- got up at 4:30 this morning to catch the 5:58 train back to baltimore, and have been going all day since


OH! I FINALLY bought Big Wednesday at Mollusk -- total win.

No comments: