Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Well Deserved Lubalin Post

Since I embarked upon my venture into Graphic Design, I've been predisposed to use Lubalin Graph Book Oblique, for everything.
It's my default font, my baby.

Photobucket

Recently for my Typography I class we've been given the opportunity to research five specific font families.
Perplexed as to which typefaces to choose, I automatically turned to Lubalin Graph. My second choice, was Avant Garde Gothic.
I was surprised to learn that both fonts were designed by Herb Lubalin, one of the founders of the ITC [International Typeface Corporation] and that Lubalin Graph was based off Avant Garde Gothic.

Herb Lubalin did a lot of really interesting design work and art direction in addition type work in the 70s. I was really excited to learn that he made the PBS and Thirteen logos, both of which I've always been thrilled by.
This Tyopgabor has a ton of his work up.

Here are a few things I really love.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

littlej said...

i'll totally forgive you for liking paula over INA
because these are grrrrreat
but i remember something about interracial love promotion i was supposed to see?!